Saturday, December 13, 2008

any recollections about sept 2006 ?????? where were you?

Absent other

shanghai 6th sept 2006 at 1918
alex and petra agree
in china things are not that different, they are just more visible
shanghai 7th Sept 2006 at starbucks
i listen to simon saying, "I wonder, if there is still something in Europe, something other."

One year later in Europe I meet Jo by chance in the library in Stourbridge, he looks at me with concern and says: "It must be very quiet for you here." 

there are in the score that is china sounds whose rarity in Europe condemn me to a real accoustic exile - chris marker




2 comments:

  1. Sept 2006,
    I got a new job at BAU and stopped working at Naco,So I came back to France for 10 days. And that's when the real culture shock kicked in? Being totally lost in one's own country....

    ReplyDelete
  2. September the 8th, I am in DOHA Qatar, on my way to france to present my internship report at the architecture school.journal notes: "I am having a cafe in front of a gigantic quiet dry ground. Yesterday I left Shanghai at 2.40, I didn't really know where i was going! and what a surprising break"
    At that time I knew that I was heading for some holliday's far from my new home...

    ReplyDelete