Monday, March 16, 2009

Tuesday, 3 days before the opening

Yesterday Johann"s painting went up. It is exactly in the place where I had seen it on my first visit to the institut francais now nine months ago. And it looks as good as I expected.
Downstairs we have been playing around with DVDs, Jeremy and Juergen (from Institut Francais) worked all afternoon, Khan"s work is also up. It now fits in nicely after several attempts to find a home for them.
It is a very good feeling and for once things are running smoothly. Everyone at the Institut Francais is very helpful.
Today we have one more run at distributing flyers around town and in Bonn and then we have two more days to hang up Fanny"s work, do the wall and the painstaking (I so much look forward to this meditative work) distribution of Sophie"s photos.
There was one moment of sadness when I looked down the large auditorium where I had hoped Shaw might do his trademark intervention with coloured neon tubes. Next time.
AAAh which brings up a new idea, depending on the outcome of this show, maybe we could turn this into an annual event in Cologne - our very own art cologne

No comments:

Post a Comment