Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday, 8 days before the opening

As I put up a poster inside the Chinese travel agent at Sachsenring, a man outside begins to wave and point. His gestures tell me, I am putting the poster up the wrong way.
He soon realises what kind of poster this is and walks off laughing.

At the Koeln Filmhaus another man tells me he has heard of this exhibition, he wants my card, he has even looked at the blog. I tell him about our visa problems, he nods, "You do not have to tell me". And adds "It can be very lonely in Cologne".

I walk from one end of Cologne to the other, putting up posters, fuelled by anger - wut in German which if one turns the first letter round reads mut (courage) - all this talk about human rights here and who is it who does not allow an artist to be at the opening of his or her exhibition? Would we have got the visa if we had gone for a tourist visa???

No comments:

Post a Comment