Thursday, January 22, 2009

About Xujie and Sophia

I guess nobody knows us before this exhibition though we met Lam once in an interview with Niyouyu when they were roomates 2 or 3 years ago. But actually we are living in a so related circle.

Xuejie and I are very old friends. We met when we were in middle school in our 12. And after studying the high school separately, it occured to us that we were coincidentally be schoolmate again. During 2001-2008 we were both in Shanghai University major in different major.Mine is graphic design and his is always art history.

Our cooperation begain in 2006 mid summer during which we managed to figure out our first documentary Ecounter Art. Since then we are living like twin brothre and sister. However the last thing we want to do in the world with eachother is just being a lover. I just like Xujie like a famely. Anyway, he is the person through whom I met Petra. Eventhough before I met her I had known much about her and her lessons by chatting with Xujie. And then I am happily to meet everybody here.

We are now working on many different documenta one of them is to record Chinese Acrobats life in Shanghai. Other one is shooting our schoolmates project, Caoyang project. That's why we know Tiger and Zhouzhiyuan and Ivan etc. In Shanghai Anti Xujie is in charge of cutting and I am the translator.In Runner both Ivan and I are the camera.It's fun to hang out with these guys to join the creation of artworks.

By the way, Xujie is too lazy to write this. Haha, so I do it.

Good luck everybody & Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment